Vegetable, feta + couscous salad
Recipe and images courtesy of Laura Williams from My Little Hong Kong Kitchen
- 1 cup Dried Couscous
- 2-3 Sprigs Rosemary
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Medium Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 1 Medium Sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Bunch of Baby Asparagus
- 50g Semi-dried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1-2 Handfuls of Fresh Spinach
- 100g Feta Cheese
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
For the Pesto:
- 1 Large Handful Fresh Basil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 30g Parmesan Cheese
- 30g Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil (to loosen)
- Begin by tossing the squash and sweet potato in 2tbsp olive oil and add a crushed clove of garlic, salt and pepper and the leaves from a sprig of rosemary. Bake in a preheated oven at 200c for 30-40 minutes or until soft and golden. Chop the baby asparagus in half and add to the baking tray for the last ten minutes of baking.
- To make the pesto, place all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in a food processor and pulse into a paste. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and pulse again. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until you get a loose green pesto.
- To the couscous, add 1 cup of boiling water, cover with a tea towel and allow to absorb for a few minutes. Using a fork, fluff up the couscous and add pesto. Season to taste.
- Add the roasted vegetables, spinach and tomatoes. Tip the salad onto a large serving board and top with crumbled feta.